Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: AWII - a painting and playing project
AndyT
Beginner
Post Re: AWII - a painting and playing project
on: June 17, 2017, 18:59

This really is impressive progress Ian and the painting looks superb. I've painted up a couple of American units too - I'm beginning to prefer the Rebels to the British! At this rate we will soon have enough for a game of Might and Treason (see what I did there?). For tomorrow evening we'll play the Warburg scenario from Might and Reason, with a slight WSS slant of course. I'll bring my AWI - bring yours as well - it would be good to see them close up.

AndyT
Beginner
on: June 18, 2017, 12:06

Some Americans:
The guys with hats can be 2nd CT, 2nd Kent Militia or 3rd PA Association. The ones in tricorns can be Bailey's MA Reg, 12th MA, 14th MA, 4th CT or 5th PA Battalion. I used Warflag flags in the end.

IanS
Pro
on: June 24, 2017, 18:00

So here we have Back left 3rd New York Right second New Hampshire. Front left First Pennsylvanian Right 2ND Massachusetts.
I have also done 2 irregular militia but havn't flocked the bases yet I'll post pics up next week sometime 🙂

AndyT
Beginner
on: June 26, 2017, 14:16

They look great Ian - whose flags did you go with in the end? How many units is that you've done now? Once I've painted up some commanders I will have enough for a 200 point army (about 12 line, 3 light, 2 cavalry, 2 artillery) that should give a solid 3 to 4 hour game (especially if we remember the Attack test and rallying!).

IanS
Pro
on: June 26, 2017, 18:05

Thanks Andy,
I used flags from a few differant palces and edited them myself using the free GIMP graphics editing software to be the size I wanted - 18mm high.

I currently have 6 Line, 2 light and 2 irrregular militia completed. On the table half done 1 line Militia and 1 regular line (2nd Pennsylvania). I then have not yet started 1 more regular line to do and then onto the cavelry which I have 3 lots to do plus 6 mounted generals/commanders.

If your available for the club on the 16th July I will have everything completed by then and will be able to muster a 200 pt force. If your not available I'm sure we could find time to have a game in the week at my place or yours.

If you find any good flags even just one side just e-mail them to me and I can edit them to a suitable size and format. I passed the memory stick onto Chris on Sunday I also put another file on there with the flags I have sorted so far. Cheers Ian

AndyT
Beginner
on: June 30, 2017, 19:24

I'll put these up just to show the artillery. I reckon 3 or 4 figs looks more than enough crew for a battery, each gun on a 3cm x 6cm base:

IanS
Pro
on: July 21, 2017, 17:49

So we have got a couple of games in so far great fun but I've only got a couple of pictures which are both well.. here you go.

AndyT
Beginner
on: July 24, 2017, 12:04

Yep, its difficult to get good action shots. An exerpt from battle number 2, the only pic worth posting 🙁

Hessians take the ford and the 1st PA are in trouble!

IanS
Pro
on: August 12, 2017, 08:43

A few buildings from Peter Pig ready for painting and also another regiment "The green mountain boys" ready for basing.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.32 seconds.