Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 15mm Sudan/Mahdist Revolt - for Men Who Would Be Kings
George
Beginner
Post Re: 15mm Sudan/Mahdist Revolt - for Men Who Would Be Kings
on: May 29, 2017, 15:38

Cheers Stu. I used the 28mm Wargames Foundry figures as inspiration for the appearance.

George

paul
Administrator
on: May 30, 2017, 21:26

You are building up a good collection there.

Paul

AndyT
Beginner
on: July 14, 2017, 18:02

Hi George,
I have purchased some 15mm Colonial British (Peter Pig figs) which I'll be painting up in Sudan colours. In about 4 weeks I should be ready for a 24 point game if you'd like?
Andy

George
Beginner
on: July 14, 2017, 18:36

Hi Andy

That's cool, I'd definitely be up for a game. I guess as British you can fight Egyptians (1882 revolt) or Mahdhists so take your pick. The Madhists have some more camels and cavalry now in addition to what's in the photo. I guess the nearest club night to 4 weeks time is 20th August which (like this weekend) I'm unfortunately on call for so can't make but I could do the first or second clubs in September if you're free?

George

AndyT
Beginner
on: July 14, 2017, 22:33

Let's pencil in the 3rd September - I will definitely have a 24/30 point force by then, including Guard Camels!

George
Beginner
on: July 15, 2017, 12:53

Excellent. Perhaps nearer the time we can work out what terrain we both have. I don't have a huge amount at the moment but do have some 15mm mdf desert buildings I can get painted.
Happy painting!

AndyT
Beginner
on: July 17, 2017, 16:40

I have loads of desert terrain including sand cloth, hills, palm trees, rocks and walls. The club should also have a 15mm scale desert village somewhere out back too although I suspect your mdf buildings will look better. Figs arrived today, I'll start painting khaki on Saturday!

George
Beginner
on: July 17, 2017, 17:43

We should pretty well sorted then if you're able to bring those bits and pieces along. Haha well you can probably claim to be khaki expert once you've got through all that lot!

AndyT
Beginner
on: August 1, 2017, 16:57

Actually went for grey in the end - nice and easy to paint. First 12 points done:

George
Beginner
on: August 1, 2017, 22:57

Wow they look very impressive. The grey was a good choice as it breaks up the figures better than khaki uniforms on sandy coloured bases. They look similar to the royal navy soldiers with the grey too actually. Bases look really good too. Looks like you're half way there with plenty of time to go!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.252 seconds.