Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: League of Augsberg in 15mm
Post League of Augsberg in 15mm
on: December 13, 2017, 12:25

Over the last twelve months Ian and I have been painting and playing the AWI era. Our initial inspiration was the superb Peter Pig 15mm range of figures. We have been using an adaptation of Might and Reason (hugely underrated). We are really enjoying the era and there is still plenty of war gaming to do. It is time, however, to start planning for a new project to run over the next 8 months.

The League of Augsberg Lurkio Style

The initial inspiration came from here, scroll about half way down to "The Anglo Dutch in Ireland":

The plan was to get some units painted up so we can review unit sizes and base sizes to ensure a good look to the game. Here are a couple of Dutch units:

Figures are available here:

They will not be to everyone's taste but they do paint up beautifully and look lovely on the table top. The figures really are quite unique and reminiscent of the old Mike's Models of decades ago - unfortunately they are not very compatible with many other figure ranges (maybe Donnington or Black Hat).

We'll probably start with Impetus Baroque or maybe Maurice or maybe Warlord Games Pike and Shotte. If anyone has any other rules ideas that would be good too. Initial forces would be of about 6 cavalry (8 figs to a unit), a couple of guns and 6 - 8 infantry (18 figs per unit).

What next?
If anyone is interested in getting an army together (or already has an army) it would be great to hear from you (please reply to this thread). The era lends itself to painting up an interesting variety of troops and it should look beautiful on the table top (very important). As I've never painted Dutch I am starting with them. Ian is going to do a French army. There are lots of other possibilities and minor states such as England, Savoy, etc.
With flag swaps you could even do a interchangeable multi national force!

Andy GPT

Post Re: League of Augsberg in 15mm
on: December 16, 2017, 14:46

All looks good Andy. I'm still on my first AWI units so it could be a while before I can join this project.

on: December 25, 2017, 19:14

Another nice looking project unfortunately I've too many projects on my plate at the moment.

on: January 7, 2018, 10:48

As much as I would like to say yes the eyes are not upto it in 15mm.
Lovely figures mind.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.173 seconds.