Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
seelowe41
Pro
Post Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
on: February 24, 2019, 15:51

Guy's

Anyone interested?
Drop me a note on the forum and I can help Steve and Keith Manage numbers.
Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu,
please see below info for this years 'It Never Snows in September' wargaming get together. You can drop Keith a line if you fancy putting on a game or just to let him know you'd like to attend. I'll be putting on a version of Bob Cordery's 'The Portable Wargame' which I hope will be of interest to some. Hope to see you there.
TTFN,
Steve J.

I just wanted to confirm to you all that CWD 2019 is on, and planned for 1st September. Apologies to some of you on the mailing list with whom I have already been in touch, and for whom this is old news.

Cotswold Wargaming Day
10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 1st September 2019
Westwoods Community Centre
Northleach GL54 3QJ

I want to expand things a bit this year, and get more wargamers through the door and more games set up. I reckon we can fit in up to 10 games, but we need the attendees to play them! So I hope you will all be able to come back again, and please spread the word amongst your wargaming friends. This is an open invitation, so don’t hold back. This year it would be great to have a bustling hall full of friendly and enthusiastic gamers. Plus there will be plenty of chairs for grumpy and tired old gamers such as myself.

Those who might want to put on a game, let me know when you can. At the moment there is clearly no rush, but of course I will eventually need to know who wants what so I can plan the day.

Stuart Asquith is fully intending to be there again, and once again the Stuart Asquith Trophy will be presented to the best game. Most of you will know the name Phil Olley, and he is also planning to be there and put on a game. Once again I intend to have some side tables so that an exchange of wargaming goods and books can take place.

Put the date in your diaries. As last year, expect a few updates and reminders as spring and summer wear on.

With best wishes, Keith.

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
Post Re: Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
on: February 24, 2019, 18:22

Stuart, is it the sort of event we can put on a cruel Seas game. If so I could be interested.

seelowe41
Pro
on: February 25, 2019, 19:31

It might do.
Here's a couple of links.
https://keefsblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/cotswold-wargaming-day.html

A review of last year.
http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/2018/09/classic-collections-do-battle-at.html

I have not been before but STeve came to the first Lardy day and we have been in touch over e-mail for a number of years.
They look to be quite a traditional bunch 🙂

Regards
Stuart

seelowe41
Pro
on: March 3, 2019, 08:33

Morning all.
I will drop keith and the gang down at the Cotwolds and say yes to a game and around 4 of us.
Cheers
Stu

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
on: March 11, 2019, 13:47

Talk to you Sunday about it.
Regards
Chris.

seelowe41
Pro
on: June 14, 2019, 16:28

Guy's the latest update from the Keith at the Cotswold Gaming day.
I have volunteered to run a Haiti game - any takers to come along and I will drop Keith a line with numbers.
Cheers
Stu

Subject: Cotswold Wargaming Day 2019

Hi everyone,

Cotswold Wargaming Day
10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 1st September 2019
Westwoods Community Centre
Northleach GL54 3QJ

An update for you all on the above event. Some new gamers have come forward, so my plans for an expanded event in 2019 appear to be bearing fruit. At the moment I have offers for 8 games:

Roy - 19th century action in Mexico
Jon - WW2
Willz - SYW
Bruce - something interesting!
Steve J - WW2 Steve? or SYW?
Shaun - ‘Liberdy’, a Wild West game
Phil - 'Sawmill Village'
Stuart S - Haiti 1792

Firstly, if I’ve got any of the games wrong, or those listed don’t want to put on a game, etc., just let me know. 8 games seems a nice round number and should be plenty to keep us occupied, but if anyone else has a burning wish to put a game on, let me know as well.

A number of folks have mentioned they will be bringing along friends - thank you all. Please continue to spread the word and feel free to give out my email address to anyone who might be interested.

Last year we had 5 games amongst 18 gamers - that’s 3.6 gamers per table. I think a higher ratio would be better, at least 4 gamers per table, and more if possible. In my opinion, more gamers per table would give a more fluid and easy-going event, where you wouldn’t find yourself tied to one game all morning or all day, and people could find time to circulate and chat rather than just play. Only yesterday it was suggested to me we could have a kind of ‘speed dating’ thing going - 30 minutes at a game then change over! Anyway, this year, it’s ‘the more the merrier’. With 8 games I’d like to get at least 30 gamers along.

Those who attended last year will remember the side room, which remained unused. This year I intend to use this space for the book/figure/wargaming stuff exchange that was so popular last year, along with Chris Gregg’s display of military art. Not any kind of formal bring and buy, of course, but a chance to clear some space from your wargaming storage, and refill it with someone else’s stuff.

As last year, expect free tea and coffee and plenty of biscuits. I recommend you bring your own picnic/sandwiches/packed lunch as the cafe in Northleach isn’t open on Sundays, and the town centre is a good 15 minutes walk away. Bruce, I’m looking forward to some more caviar this year. A glass of something bubbly would be great to go with it. No pressure.

Keep in touch everyone.

Best wishes, Keith.

henriktown-
send@hotma-
il.com
Advanced
on: June 14, 2019, 21:06

I'll be up for that Stu.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.035 seconds.