Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
seelowe41
Pro
Post Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
on: February 24, 2019, 15:51

Guy's

Anyone interested?
Drop me a note on the forum and I can help Steve and Keith Manage numbers.
Cheers

Stu

Hi Stu,
please see below info for this years 'It Never Snows in September' wargaming get together. You can drop Keith a line if you fancy putting on a game or just to let him know you'd like to attend. I'll be putting on a version of Bob Cordery's 'The Portable Wargame' which I hope will be of interest to some. Hope to see you there.
TTFN,
Steve J.

I just wanted to confirm to you all that CWD 2019 is on, and planned for 1st September. Apologies to some of you on the mailing list with whom I have already been in touch, and for whom this is old news.

Cotswold Wargaming Day
10.00 - 17.00
Sunday 1st September 2019
Westwoods Community Centre
Northleach GL54 3QJ

I want to expand things a bit this year, and get more wargamers through the door and more games set up. I reckon we can fit in up to 10 games, but we need the attendees to play them! So I hope you will all be able to come back again, and please spread the word amongst your wargaming friends. This is an open invitation, so don’t hold back. This year it would be great to have a bustling hall full of friendly and enthusiastic gamers. Plus there will be plenty of chairs for grumpy and tired old gamers such as myself.

Those who might want to put on a game, let me know when you can. At the moment there is clearly no rush, but of course I will eventually need to know who wants what so I can plan the day.

Stuart Asquith is fully intending to be there again, and once again the Stuart Asquith Trophy will be presented to the best game. Most of you will know the name Phil Olley, and he is also planning to be there and put on a game. Once again I intend to have some side tables so that an exchange of wargaming goods and books can take place.

Put the date in your diaries. As last year, expect a few updates and reminders as spring and summer wear on.

With best wishes, Keith.

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
Post Re: Cotswold Wargaming Day 1st Sept.
on: February 24, 2019, 18:22

Stuart, is it the sort of event we can put on a cruel Seas game. If so I could be interested.

seelowe41
Pro
on: February 25, 2019, 19:31

It might do.
Here's a couple of links.
https://keefsblog.blogspot.com/2019/02/cotswold-wargaming-day.html

A review of last year.
http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/2018/09/classic-collections-do-battle-at.html

I have not been before but STeve came to the first Lardy day and we have been in touch over e-mail for a number of years.
They look to be quite a traditional bunch 🙂

Regards
Stuart

seelowe41
Pro
on: March 3, 2019, 08:33

Morning all.
I will drop keith and the gang down at the Cotwolds and say yes to a game and around 4 of us.
Cheers
Stu

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
on: March 11, 2019, 13:47

Talk to you Sunday about it.
Regards
Chris.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.046 seconds.