Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Keeping ourselves busy and sane!
paul
Administrator
Post Keeping ourselves busy and sane!
on: March 21, 2020, 10:51

Let’s use the forum to share photos and updates on what we are doing at this awkward time.

I’ve got some Midlam hobgoblins on the go and then I need to finish some thracians I’ve been avoiding due to not looking forward to patterned cloaks.

My new Celtic farmstead has turned up from Hovels, great value and service. We seem to forget about them as their profile is pretty non existent these days. I’ll get some paint on this soon.

What’s anyone else doing?

Paul

seelowe41
Pro
Post Re: Keeping ourselves busy and sane!
on: March 22, 2020, 09:23

Morning Paul the list seems to be getting longer and longer.
More Zombies and Angry villagers, then some slightly more serious stuff.
Demi-Lancers and a trainer band, pike unit.
Then into April probably the last of the South Koreans for 7 days on the rhine, together with finishing off some French Skirmishers for the Egypt project and Ottoman Militia.
I have some Chindits which will make it to the paint table.
The summer project of new kingdom Egyptians but hopefully by then we are all back gaming together.
Cheers
Stu

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
on: March 22, 2020, 10:20

I'm still painting the last few units of my AWI figures but as my next project I was thinking of painting a Roman & Celtic British armies in 15mm. I think I will use Xyston figures. Does anyone have experience of using these figuures.

Chris.

paul
Administrator
on: March 22, 2020, 11:37

Quote from chrischurchill on March 22, 2020, 10:20
I'm still painting the last few units of my AWI figures but as my next project I was thinking of painting a Roman & Celtic British armies in 15mm. I think I will use Xyston figures. Does anyone have experience of using these figuures.

Chris.

Xyston have separate shields and spears iirc. PSC are remaking them in a plastic. I’m still wanting to do an army in 10mm for TTS but I’m trying to reconcile the amount of painting time needed with how often they would see the table.

I’m thinking of how to play to the strongest remotely. With a grid it should be straight forward, I could pull the card chits on behalf of the players. Doing it without figures means we can pick any era!

seelowe41
Pro
on: March 22, 2020, 15:18

Sounds interesting Paul.

seelowe41
Pro
on: March 22, 2020, 15:18

Hovel stuff looks good.

Dane
Pro
on: March 30, 2020, 09:30

Finished 18 man firelock storming party going onto a unit of Mounted Curassiers circa ECW period. Then i am thinking of rebasing my 6 mm Samurai

Dane

AndyT
Advanced
on: April 3, 2020, 16:24

Chris has now stopped thinking 🙂 and has purchased a 15mm Xyston Early Republican Roman army. I've purchased a Successor army (basically I can do any pike army from 320BC to 180BC) and we both have grided wargames mats for To The Strongest. Anyone who has a 15mm Ancients army in the making let us know. You really don't need to do any rebasing but we are sticking to DBM style bases so that if we decide on other rules it should be an easy changeover. These armies will see the table frequently if our previous projects are anything to go by!

seelowe41
Pro
on: April 5, 2020, 08:18

6mm on the paint table today which fill in the gaps for the South Korean forces, I have been meaning to do them for about 10 years.
On a separate subject does anyone have Warhammer Ancients - Chariot Wars Supplement, I could with a copy of the New Kingdom Egyptian and Hittie Order of Battles?
Cheers
Stu

paul
Administrator
on: April 5, 2020, 18:23

Joined in some hobby chat via Skype this afternoon, just voice but was good to chat with Neil Shuck, Mike Hobbs, Matt Slade and others. This could be something we could try.

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.047 seconds.