Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: When all this is over......
JohnLavend-
er
Post Re: When all this is over......
on: July 2, 2020, 17:43

Hi Chris, that is good we can use my 10cm grid mat so up for a game when we can?
I have started gaming with friends as part of a bubble, just no hugging when they roll all ones!
Regards, John.

chrischurc-
hill
Pro
on: July 5, 2020, 18:35

Yep, I know. Takes all the fun out of the game.

seelowe41
Pro
on: November 11, 2020, 21:49

Evening all I thought I would drop everyone a line and find out how the last couple of weeks have gone?
What projects does everyone have underway?
I will be really for an Bronze Age outing come December... around another 60 foot to go 🙂
The New Kingdom chariots are a little tricky but are nice once finished...
Cheers
Stu

Pete
Beginner
on: November 12, 2020, 09:12

Hi. I've been plodding through my lead pile, and trying really hard not to impulse buy out of boredom. Mostly it's been finishing off the remaining figures for a number of existing armies. My Dr Who, 7TV and VBCW units are now complete, and I've finished enough figures for a Saga Magic army, based on the world of Glorantha - Runequest.

I've also been trying out different rulesets, including One-hour-skirmish and Dux Bellorum.

Next is line has to be my Early War Germans. These are mostly in greatcoats, so can do service for Poland, Norway, Denmark the Low Countries, France or Sealion. These will compliment my Dutch, BEF and Home Guard and will be enough for BA or CoC, whichever is available. There is supposed to be a Kickstarter for Norwegians next year as well.
Stay safe,
Pete

seelowe41
Pro
on: November 13, 2020, 19:34

Sounds good Pete.
What have you got for VBCW, I have a number of militia groups based around Worcester - Which rules did you use?
Cheers
Stu

Pete
Beginner
on: November 13, 2020, 20:35

Hi Stu. I've got a mix of figures, but they are all single based 28mm so broadly I could field any of the following -
Local defence group - Villagers, Cricket Team etc etc, with cars
Welsh Nationalist raiding party - mainly a Welsh Army possibly with a detachment of assault troops (miners).
Royalist Militia - Spode's Blackshorts plus Lord Percy Percy and his estate workers.
Regular army - A mix of BEF and Home Guard with a Medium Tank.
I have one armoured car that has been magnetised to allow use by the Royalists or the Welsh.
I've tried to be as generic as possible in terms of rules, so they will work for Chain Of Command, Bolt Action, Went The Day Well or even Brigadier 38.

seelowe41
Pro
on: November 14, 2020, 16:55

One for when we get back together then 🙂
My old blog is still up with my forces and background - https://vbcw1938.blogspot.com/
Nearly ten years - High time these found some table top action again.
Cheers
Stu

Pete
Beginner
on: November 14, 2020, 17:31

Hi. I've been gaming through Aug-Sep-Oct with the Wyre Forest guys, who have moved into Holt Village Hall while their usual venue in Droitwich has remained closed. (It's a church hall and they have been very reluctant to re-open). If the regs go back to groups of 6 again early next month, we will restart there almost immediately.

The local committee have been very relaxed about it, and we've had several Sundays of SD games, with three tables, 2 people on each, but no kitchen.

Worth a thought if the usual hall is slow to re-open or fully booked in December.

Pete

seelowe41
Pro
on: November 15, 2020, 21:48

Much the same as us Pete...
Let's see what December brings, it would be good to get the Severn Riverside, Wharf, Labours Federation (SRWLF) back on the table.. after all they were mentioned in the scenario book 🙂
Cheers
Stu

Pages: 1 [2]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.073 seconds.